Ringworm comes in many forms as it can come in the form of Tinea, athlete’s foot and jock itch. All types of ringworm are very contagious and should be wrapped while treating to ensure it does not spread to other areas of the body or people you come into contact with.
Detecting ringworm early can go a long way in treating it as quickly as possible as in most cases it takes a week or two to get rid of the fungi. Here are the stages of ringworm;
Stages of Ringworm
Here are the different types of ringworm;
- Tinea pedis affects the feet
- Tinea faciei affects the face
- Tinea corporis affects the body
- Tinea cruris affects genitals and the groin area
- Tinea manus affects the hands
- Tinea unquiet affects the fingernails
- Tinea barbae affects face hair
- Tinea capitis affects the scalp
Symptoms of ringworm in the first stage may look like patches of pink skin or brown skin in people with a darker skin tone. The rash will start appearing oval in shape and can have scaly skin on the outside of the rash and it can also itch. Athlete’s foot on the other hand can burn and itch between the toes. Ringworm that happens on the toenails or fingernails can cause the nail to yellow and thicken.
- Red raised rashes with small blisters that itch.
- Scalp ringworm looks red, scaly and crusty. Hair loss is also common with scalp ringworm.
- Peeling skin, itching and burning are the signs of athlete’s foot ringworm.
- Jock itch looks like blister types of bumps that can cause pain and happen in the groin or genital area.
- Nail ringworm causes the nail to become discolored and can even fall off if it is bad enough.
How to Treat Ringworm in Humans
A doctor can recommend over the counter ringworm creams or oils as ringworm is very common and happens to millions of people each year. The treatments usually contain anti-fungal ingredients such as miconazole, clotrimazole or terbinafine. You can also get yourself some ringworm treatment oils here online which will help to get rid of the ringworm regardless of type and where on the body the ringworm is located. These oils can be used twice daily for a few weeks until the ringworm is completely gone.
You can also use products such as immune renew which will help keep your immune system in tip top shape so that it can fight skin infections from the inside out. It can also help prevent ringworm from occurring in the future.